Update: November 11, 2020
It is our desire to provide an amazing weekend for your students and adult leaders. We know that JOURNEY will need to look different this year. We are prepared to adapt to the circumstances so that we can meet "in person" to worship, grow, and encourage one another in the faith. The situation around COVID-19 remains very fluid and although we cannot guarantee complete safety while at JOURNEY, we (along with the Rockbridge staff), will will be taking precautions regarding cleanliness and frequently sanitizing the facility in an effort to provide the safest setting possible.
- We are limiting the weekend to 200 participants (this does not include staff, work crew, or LEAD Four:Twelve cohorts).
- All deposits and payments are fully refundable through March 1, 2021.
- Churches will have their own lodging with either a private exterior entrance or in a lodge that has interior rooms and a lobby (that will be dedicated to one group). Churches will not be mixed with other churches for lodging.
- Lodging within rooms will be limited to 50% of capacity and organized by smaller cohorts within each church. These cohorts stay together throughout the weekend for lodging, dining, activities.
- As always, churches will be seated at designated tables arranged by church.
- Most activities will be done by sign-up (Alpine Swing, etc.)
- Church cohorts will have unrestricted use (basketball, etc.)
- No ropes course will be offered at this time.
- Program will likely be held in the dining hall to maintain assigned seating areas by churches.
- Health screening will be required for all participants before leaving for JOURNEY. Details forthcoming.
- Health screenings will be performed on Saturday and Sunday mornings at JOURNEY. Details forthcoming.
- JP will increase the presence of health professionals to monitor and respond to any health concerns.
- Separate housing available should quarantining of individuals be required.
- Sick participant evacuation plan established ahead of time for all churches.
- Hot spots disinfected multiple times throughout the day.
IMPORTANT: Rockbridge will only be able to host us if Virginia moves out of phase 3. While in phase 3, Rockbridge is not permitted to have guests stay overnight that are under the age of 17, unless their parent is present.